This is the ultimate and must-known digital tutorial about web-server (VPS/VDS) configuration for Nextpost based on my 6 years of experience in Web Development.
Here I’ve documented the steps I use to configure a new server instance.
I think backend is the hardest side of Web Development. Since I started my experience I spent a lot of time to find and understand which parameters are best, why we set these values and not any other. This digital guide is the quintessence of all the information that I found on my way of Web Development.
- Step 1: Software for Web Development
- Step 2: Create and setup your Droplet/VDS in DigitalOcean
- Step 3: Connect your domain with web-server
- Step 4: Install NGINX
- Step 5: Install and Configure MariaDB
- Step 6: Install and Configure PHP7-FPM
- Step 7: How To Install and Secure phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu 18.04
- Step 8: Set up free SSL Certificates with LetsEncrypt with an auto-renew cronjob
- Step 9: Tell NGINX to use PHP7-FPM. NGINX config for Nextpost. Securing and Optimizing.
- Step 10: Install FFmpeg for Nextpost
- Step 11: Nextpost Installation
- Step 12: Troubleshooting.
Version 1.1 - 4.10.2019
- NEW: Step 12: Troubleshooting. 12.1. Task status all time "Scheduled" and not changed to "Active".
Version 1.0 - 2.10.2019
- Initial release