This is the ultimate and must-known digital tutorial about web-server (VPS/VDS) configuration for Nextpost and any other web project based on our 6 years of experience in Web Development. Here we have documented the steps we use to configure a new server instance.
We think backend is the hardest side of Web Development. Since we started our experience we spent a lot of time finding and understanding which parameters are best, why we set these values and not any other. This digital guide is the quintessence of all the information that we found on our way.
- Step 1: Software for Web Development
- Step 2: Create and setup your Droplet/VDS in DigitalOcean
- Step 3: Connect your domain with web-server
- Step 4: Install NGINX
- Step 5: Install and Configure MariaDB
- Step 6: Install and Configure PHP7-FPM
- Step 7: How To Install and Secure phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu 18.04
- Step 8: Set up free SSL Certificates with LetsEncrypt with an auto-renew cronjob
- Step 9: Tell NGINX to use PHP7-FPM. NGINX config for Nextpost. Securing and Optimizing.
- Step 10: Install FFmpeg for Nextpost
- Step 11: Nextpost Installation
- Step 12: Troubleshooting.
Version 1.1 - 4.10.2019
- NEW: Step 12: Troubleshooting. 12.1. Task status all time "Scheduled" and not changed to "Active".
Version 1.0 - 2.10.2019
- Initial release